Reducing Sexual Risk for HIV Acquisition and Transmission among Methamphetamine-Using Men who have Sex with Men who are Not Currently in Substance Abuse Treatment
The summary for the Reducing Sexual Risk for HIV Acquisition and Transmission among Methamphetamine-Using Men who have Sex with Men who are Not Currently in Substance Abuse Treatment grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Reducing Sexual Risk for HIV Acquisition and Transmission among Methamphetamine-Using Men who have Sex with Men who are Not Currently in Substance Abuse Treatment: Secretarys Forecast Summary CDC-RFA-PS06-007 CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a new funding opportunity entitled, "Reducing Sexual Risk for HIV Acquisition and Transmission Among Methamphetamine-Using Men who have Sex with Men who are Not Currently in Substance Abuse Treatment." $900,000 will be available in FY2006 to fund approximately 4 awards to conduct research on developing and pilot testing behavioral interventions that focus on reducing risk for HIV acquisition and transmission by reducing the sexual risk behavior of methamphetamine-using men who have sex with men (MSM) who are not currently in substance abuse treatment. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/FOAs.htm. The estimated funding date is September 1, 2006.
|Federal Grant Title:||Reducing Sexual Risk for HIV Acquisition and Transmission among Methamphetamine-Using Men who have Sex with Men who are Not Currently in Substance Abuse Treatment|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS06-007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Demonstration, Research, Public and Professional Education Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 10, 2006 Applications are due at the appropri|
|Posted Date:||Feb 15, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Feb 15, 2006|
|Archive Date:||May 10, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$260,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible organizations: Public nonprofit organizations; Private nonprofit organizations; Small, minority and women-owned businesses; Universities; Colleges; Research institutions; Hospitals; Community-based organizations; Faith-based organizations; Federally recognized Indian tribal governments; Indian tribes; Indian tribal organizations; State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau); Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org PGO Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Evaluation of New HIV Testing Technologies in Clinical Settings with High HIV Incidence
- • Implementing and Evaluating a Data-to-Care Rx Strategy
- • Minority HIV Research Initiative (MARI) to Support Epidemiologic and Implementation Scienc...
- • Strategies to Maintain HIV Viral Suppression Among State Prison Inmates Released to the Co...
- • Systems-level Approach to Improving Health Outcomes for HIV-positive State Prison Inmates ...
- • Diffusion of Partnership for Health to Health Care and Medical Agencies Serving Persons Li...
- • Translating Proven Interventions for Underserved and Emergent High-Risk Populations (REP 7...
- • Evaluation of the Relative Effectiveness of Four Public Health Strategies for Providing HI...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2