Renewable Energy Raptor Monitoring Project
The summary for the Renewable Energy Raptor Monitoring Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Renewable Energy Raptor Monitoring Project: The objective of this study is to implement a pre-development raptor monitoring program within high suitability areas for future wind, solar, and geothermal development. This project will focus on re-locating old raptor nests, identifying new nest locations, winter concentration areas, and identifying seasonal flight zones and raptor use areas. Information obtained through this project will provide valuable information to potential developers regarding raptor species use of an area particularly bald eagle, golden eagle, ferruginous hawk, and peregrine falcon. The Cedar City Field Office will gain valuable data regarding raptor use in areas that are of high value to potential future development for solar, wind, and geothermal energy resources. This information could be presented to potential renewable energy developers as a baseline for raptor use.
|Federal Grant Title:||Renewable Energy Raptor Monitoring Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L11AS00183|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 12, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 12, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 22, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 22, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis, Grants Management Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...