San Juan River Channel and Floodplain Restoration, Phase 2
The summary for the San Juan River Channel and Floodplain Restoration, Phase 2 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
San Juan River Channel and Floodplain Restoration, Phase 2: Notice of Intent to award for: The identification and evaluation of threats in the San Juan River Basin is a project that The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is uniquely qualified to conduct. They have already conducted a threats analysis for certain portions of the drainage and that information can be incorporated into this work. Furthermore, TNC is conducting a large habitat restoration project on the San Juan River and this work will be integrated into that work with the identification of future restoration locations. The goals of the San Juan Recovery River Implementation Program ("SJRIP") Long Range Plan include providing suitable habitat and suitable water quality to support recovery of the Colorado pikeminnow and razorback sucker, including identification of types and sources of water quality contamination (Tasks 3.2.2, 3.4.1 and 3.4.3, SJRIP Draft Long-Range Plan). Accomplishing these goals remains pertinent to the recovery of the Colorado pikeminnow and razorback sucker. The SJRIP is increasingly recognizing that flow regimes alone may not be sufficient to create and sustain the habitat necessary for the endangered fish. In addition, the 1994 San Juan Water Quality Contaminants and Review discusses sampling results from the early 1990's that indicate San Juan fish have been exposed to hydrocarbons. Since that time development of both conventional oil and gas basins and coal bed methane deposits have continued. In an effort to further the SJRIP's progress in achieving this goal, The Nature Conservancy proposes to initiate conservation planning activities that will include the evaluation of the need physical habitat enhancements and conduct an analysis of hazardous materials threats and impacts to the San Juan River ecosystems. This approach requires a comprehensive analysis of existing data and information. The primary goal of this scope of work shall be to utilize existing data and analyses of essential habitats, flow-habitat relationships, and endangered fish distributions to identify locations for habitat improvement projects and use mechanical means to assist flows in the creation or improvement of endangered fish habitats.
|Federal Grant Title:||San Juan River Channel and Floodplain Restoration, Phase 2|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R13SS40005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins Endangered Fish Recovery Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 08, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 08, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Oct 25, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Oct 25, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Nov 15, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$390,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$390,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melynda Roberts Grants Specials Phone 801-524-3727
Government Email [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Maintenance of a Centralized PIT tag Database for the San Juan and Upper Basin Recovery Pr...
- • Linking morpho-dynamic and biological-habitat conditions on the Middle Rio Grande
- • Grand Valley Power Plant Rehabilitation - Switch Gears, Controls, and Electrical
- • Upper Colorado and San Juan River Recovery Program Database Development
- • Museum Curation of San Juan River Fish Samples
- • Food Habitat Study of Channel Catfish in the San Juan River
- • Development of a Stationary Pit Tag Detection System for use in the Colorado River Basin a...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region
- • Hopi Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon D...
- • Long Term Experimental and Management Plan (LTEMP) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Pa...
- • Analysis of Potential San Juan Ecosystem Restoration Sites and Hazardous Material Threats
- • Paiute Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon...
- • Design, Construction and Construction Oversight for the Reaches 24.1, 25 and 26 of the Nav...