Service Area Competition
The summary for the Service Area Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Service Area Competition: Health centers improve the health of the Nation's underserved communities and vulnerable populations by ensuring access to comprehensive, culturally competent, quality primary health care services. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits applications for the Health Center Program's Service Area Competition (SAC). The FOA details the SAC eligibility requirements, review criteria, and awarding factors for organizations seeking a grant for operational support for an announced service area under the Health Center Program, including Community Health Center (CHC, section 330(e)), Migrant Health Center (MHC, section 330(g)), Health Care for the Homeless (HCH, section 330(h)), and/or Public Housing Primary Care (PHPC, section 330(i)). For the purposes of this document, the term "health center" refers to the diverse types of health centers (i.e., CHC, MHC, HCH, and/or PHPC) supported under section 330 of the PHS Act, as amended.
|Federal Grant Title:||Service Area Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-14-026|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Consolidated Health Centers (Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Hous|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 30, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 30, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Jun 13, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jul 03, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Dec 29, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||22|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed on pages 4 and 5 of the FOA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772 or email CallCenter@HRSA.GOV [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Areas (SAC-AA)-Bishop, CA and Jackson, MI
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Area (SAC-AA) - Pago Pago, American Samoa
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Areas (SAC-AA)-Bishop, CA; Worcester, MA; Baltimore, M...
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • Service Area Competitions
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care