Special Notice - Request for Proposal for Materials Science Center of Excellence
The summary for the Special Notice - Request for Proposal for Materials Science Center of Excellence grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the OUSD R E Basic Research Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Special Notice - Request for Proposal for Materials Science Center of Excellence: NOTE: This is a Request for Proposal for a Materials Science Center of Excellence.Entities interested in applying for this opportunity must go DoD Funding Opportunity W911NF-19-S-0013 on Grants.gov and apply using the instructions and applications forms provided there. See the Related Opportunities link above.The Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) seeks unclassified research proposals from Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) under Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) W911NF-19-S-0013 to conduct research in the area of Materials Science at an established Center of Excellence (CoE). The Government will evaluate proposals through a scientific review process in accordance with evaluation criteria listed in the FOA. The HBCU or MI with the most technically acceptable proposal may be awarded a Cooperative Agreement with a performance period not to exceed five years.The Center led by the Principal Investigator (PI) will be expected to conduct collaborative research within the proposing HBCU/MI and with one other institution of higher education (IHE) and with involvement of scientists (Cooperative Agreement Managers) from the Army Research Laboratory (ARL) DoD seeks to establish a Center of Excellence in Materials Science to perform research in the following areas:Structures & ProtectionPropulsion & Extreme EnvironmentsSensors, Electronics and PhotonicsPower & EnergyReadinessIndividual Warfighter ProtectionCorrosionManufacturing Technology for Affordability Proposals must be compliant with instructions provided in this special notice and with the associated FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Special Notice - Request for Proposal for Materials Science Center of Excellence|
|Federal Agency Name:||OUSD R E Basic Research Office (DOD-BRO)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W911NF-19-S-0013-RFP-02|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 30th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 30th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||March 18th, 2021|
|Creation Date:||March 18th, 2021|
|Archive Date:||May 30th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$7,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 18th, 2021|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- As provided in 10 U.S.C. § 2362, eligibility for this competition is open only to “covered educational institutions,” which are defined as: b. institutions of higher education eligible for assistance under Title III or V of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1051 et seq.); or c. accredited post-secondary minority institutions. d. Eligible applicants include community colleges or other 2-year degree granting institutions meeting the definition of a “covered educational institution.”
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ms. Evelyn Kent
Director, DoD HBCU/MI Program
OUSD(R&E) HBCU/MI Program mailbox
- Similar Government Grants
- • Modeling relationships of hydromorphology, nutrient dynamics, and algal production in back...
- • Natural Resources and Endangered Species Research and Support at Fort Hood, Texas
- • ERDC Broad Agency Announcement
- • Evaluating Physical, Chemical, and Biological Impacts from the Savannah Harbor Expansion P...
- • Machine Learning (ML) of Forest Stand Metrics to Quantify Carbon Storage
- • FY 06 Department of Defense (DoD) Infrastructure Support Program for Historically Black Co...
- • 2006 Pathogen and Toxin Concentration Systems for Water Monitoring Broad Agency Announceme...
- • FY04 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program
- More Grants from the OUSD R E Basic Research Office
- • Special Notice - Request for Proposal for Biotechnology Center of Excellence