State Implementation Projects for Preventing Secondary Conditions and Promoting the Health of People with Disabilities
The summary for the State Implementation Projects for Preventing Secondary Conditions and Promoting the Health of People with Disabilities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Implementation Projects for Preventing Secondary Conditions and Promoting the Health of People with Disabilities: CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a program announcement entitled, "State Implementation Projects for Preventing Secondary Conditions and Promoting the Health of People with Disabilities" $4,500,000[this amount is an estimate, and subject to the availability of funds] will be available in fiscal year 2007 to fund approximately 12-20 awards. The purpose of this program is to support States in preventing secondary conditions in persons with disabilities, improving access to public health programs, and in implementing effective health promotion and wellness programs for persons with disabilities. Often, people with disabilities become more susceptible to other health problems as a result of their disabling, or primary, condition. Additional health problems that are directly related to, or that are exacerbated by a primary condition are referred to as secondary conditions. Secondary conditions that people with disabilities often face include, but are not limited to, pain, fatigue, obesity, isolation, and depression. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/grantmain.htm. The estimated funding date is August 31, 2007
|Federal Grant Title:||State Implementation Projects for Preventing Secondary Conditions and Promoting the Health of People with Disabilities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD07-702|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Disabilities Prevention|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 09, 2007 Letter of Intent Deadline Date: Janu|
|Posted Date:||Dec 22, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 22, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Apr 08, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$450,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Special district governments County governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education State governments City or township governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Phone 770/488-2700 email@example.com Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Improving the Health of People with Mobility Limitations and Intellectual Disabilities thr...
- • National Centers for Health Promotion for People with Disabilities
- • Public Health Surveillance of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism CDC-RFA-DD11-110...
- • Improving the Health of People with Disabilities through State Based Public Health Program...
- • Surveillance and Epidemiologic Research of Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy
- • Cooperative Agreement to Enhance Clinical Practices to Prevent Birth Defects and Developme...
- • Intervention Research Grants to Promote the Health of People with Disabilities
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2