Technical Assistance to Monitor Wetland Reserve Program
The summary for the Technical Assistance to Monitor Wetland Reserve Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NRCS Arkansas State Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Technical Assistance to Monitor Wetland Reserve Program: The Wetland Reserve Program (WRP) is a voluntary program offering landowners the opportunity to protect, restore, and enhance wetlands on their property. WRP obtain conservation easements from participating landowners and provides cost-share payments for wetland restoration. There are presently 163,000 acres in Arkansas enrolled in WRP. The objective of monitoring WRP easements is to assess the success of wetland restoration efforts on each easement including, specific vegetation and water control structures. The acres are located in the lower Mississippi River valley, the Red River valley, and the Arkansas River valley of Arkansas. Applicants will be responsible for assisting NRCS in providing technical assistance necessary to monitor the Wetlands Reserve Program. The applicant will need to be certified as a technical service provider meeting the NRCS national criteria established for certification in the category(ies) for which the applicant applies. The certification criteria is located in TechReg, an NRCS web based certification application program at http://techreg.usda.gov. Categories include WRP Monitoring statewide. NRCS anticipate being substantially involved in carrying out the work covered by resulting cooperative agreement(s). Evaluation Criteria: 1. Organizational capabilities. The adequacy of organizational resources and experience to successfully design and install wetland restoration projects. Share in a common mission that supports the natural resource conservation efforts with private landowners. 2. Project personnel. The reasonableness and feasibility of the applicant?s approach and expertise for successfully achieving the objectives of the project within the required time frame. 3. Understanding the intent of WRP. The applicant?s recognition of the value and need of the project and the full understanding of the intent of WRP. 4. Ability to demonstrate successful past history and credibility of working with private landowners. One or more cooperative agreements may be awarded for a one-year project period for technical assistance to monitor the Wetland Reserve Program. Cooperative agreements have been determined to be the appropriate funding instrument because of the substantial involvement of NRCS in providing program and technical oversight, coordination and time frames of projects. Cooperative agreements will be awarded for a one-year project. It is anticipated that approximately $190,000 will be available for this program in FY2004 with an estimated total program funding over 5 years of $750,000. The available funding for subsequent years is not fixed and may vary considerably. Amendments to agreement(s)may be developed upon availability of funding in follow-on years (approximately a five-year period).
|Federal Grant Title:||Technical Assistance to Monitor Wetland Reserve Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||NRCS Arkansas State Office|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NRCS-7103-4-27|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Wetlands Reserve Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 05, 2004 Applications must be received not la|
|Posted Date:||Aug 01, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 01, 2004|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Reando, Soila, Contract Specialist, Phone 501-301-3130, Fax 501-301-3188, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Reando, Soila
- Similar Government Grants
- • Announcement for proposals to provide NRCS easement programs restoration assistance.
- • Wetland Restoration and Management Assistance - Wisconsin
- • 2017 NRCS Conservation Technical Assistance in Vermont
- • Mississippi ACEP-WRP-EWP
- • Illinois Monarch Butterfly Habitat Improvement Fiscal Year 2016
- • Wetland Reserve Program Restoration
- • Wetlands Reserve Program Restoration
- • Wetland Design and Restoration Assistance. Successful applicants will provide technical as...
- More Grants from the NRCS Arkansas State Office
- • Announcement for Funding Opportunity - Agricultural Conservation Easement Program Design a...
- • 2015 Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Announcement for Program Funding - Ar...
- • Arkansas CIG 2013
- • Arkansas Final CIG