The Last Green Valley, Inc.
The summary for the The Last Green Valley, Inc. grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Last Green Valley, Inc.: The Quinebaug and Shetucket Rivers Valley National Heritage Corridor (NHC) was established in 1994 by P.L. 103-449 and as amended by P.L. 106-149 to 1) provide assistance to the State of Connecticut and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, their units of local and regional government and citizens in the development and implementation of integrated natural, cultural, historic, scenic, recreational, land and other resource management programs in order to 2) retain, enhance, and interpret significant features of the lands, water, structures, and history of the Quinebaug and Shetucket Rivers Valley. Goals and Objectives: The objectives of the NHC within the corridor are to assist the State of Connecticut and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, communities, organizations, and citizens of the Last Green Valley in: a) The preservation and interpretation of historic resources b) Assisting in the development of recreational programs and resources c) Preserving and ensuring the appropriate use of lands and structures d) Increasing public awareness of and appreciation for the historical and architectural resources and sites in the Quinebaug and Shetucket Rivers Valley National Heritage Corridor e) Establishing and maintaining visitor centers or other interpretative exhibits f) The restoration of historic buildings g) Encouraging appropriate economic and industrial development h) Encouraging local governments to adopt land use policies consistent with the management of the Quinebaug and Shetucket Rivers Valley National Heritage Corridor i) Assisting State and local governmental entities with signage identifying access points and sites of interest throughout the Quinebaug and Shetucket Rivers Valley National Heritage Corridor
|Federal Grant Title:||The Last Green Valley, Inc.|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-13-NERO-0010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Heritage Area Federal Financial Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 06, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 06, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Mar 08, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Mar 08, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Apr 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$325,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$325,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$325,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is NOT a solicitation for applications, but rather an announcement of an award already awarded.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Keith Zotti Partnership Program Specialist Phone 2155979153
- Similar Government Grants
- • Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta National Heritage Area
- • FY Implementation of Kenai Mountain Turnagain Arm National Heritage Area Management Plan
- • NOTICE OF INTENT: Development of Santa Cruz Valley National Heritage Area Manage
- • National Aviation Heritage Area- AVIA
- • NOTICE OF INTENT: Implementation of the Cache la Poudre River National Heritage Area Manag...
- • Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area
- • Wheeling National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Heritage Area
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...