Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities
The summary for the Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities: The purpose of the program is to: 1) provide support for the annual commemoration of the Presidential Apology for the U.S. Public Health Service Syphilis Study at Tuskegee Alabama and 2) promote public health ethics and ethics in health care delivery. The project will also support public health ethics training of students attending HBCUs by providing learning opportunities in partnership with CDC. This program addresses the "Healthy People 2020" focus area(s) * STD-1 Reduce the proportion of adolescents and young adults with Chlamydia trachomatis infections; * STD-2 Reduce Chlamydia rates among females aged 15-44 years; * STD-6 Reduce gonorrhea rate; * STD-7 Reduce sustained transmission of primary and secondary syphilis; and * STD-8 Reduce congenital syphilis.
|Federal Grant Title:||Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS12-1202|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Preventive Health Services_Sexually Transmitted Diseases Research, Demonstrations, and Public Information and Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 14, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 14, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Sep 27, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Sep 27, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Dec 14, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$540,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$180,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The eligible applicant that can apply for this funding opportunity is the Tuskegee University Bioethics Center.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community-Based Approaches to Reducing Sexually Transmitted Diseases (CARS)
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program
- • Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities (NCHHSTP)
- • Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers
- • Strengthened HIV/AIDS in the Region
- • Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Prevention Program Communication Network
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2