Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities
The summary for the Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities: The purpose of the program is to: 1) provide support for the annual commemoration of the Presidential Apology for the U.S. Public Health Service Syphilis Study at Tuskegee Alabama and 2) promote public health ethics and ethics in health care delivery. The project will also support public health ethics training of students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) by providing learning opportunities in partnership with CDC. The four strategies are: 1) engaging communities, 2) partnering with academic, government, and non-government institutions, and community stakeholders, 3) promoting Public Health Ethics scholarship and Practice, and 4) Disseminating Public Health Ethics Scientific Literature.
|Federal Grant Title:||Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS15-1504|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Preventive Health Services_Sexually Transmitted Diseases Research, Demonstrations, and Public Information and Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 29, 2014 Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline: N/A|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 29, 2014 Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline: N/A|
|Posted Date:||Jul 30, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jul 30, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Oct 29, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$215,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicant: Tuskegee University Bioethics Center.
Special Eligibility Requirements: There is only one eligible applicant for this FOA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
Procurement and Grants Office (PGO)
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
TECHNICAL INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SECTION (TIMS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program
- • Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities (NCHHSTP)
- • Enhancing national STD/HIV prevention efforts by promoting holistic, comprehensive, and ev...
- • Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers
- • Strengthened HIV/AIDS in the Region
- • Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Prevention Program Communication Network
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2