University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service
The summary for the University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service: The Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD) within the Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) forecasts the possible availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 funds to make five-year grants to up to forty- two entities designated as University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD). These grantees carry out four core functions: (1) interdisciplinary pre-service preparation and continuing education of students; (2) community services, including training, technical assistance, and/or demonstration and model activities; (3) research; and (4) dissemination of information. UCEDDs are interdisciplinary education, research and public service units of universities, or public or not-for-profit entities associated with universities that implement the four core functions addressing, directly or indirectly, one or more of the areas of emphasis (e.g., quality assurance, education and early intervention, child care, health, employment, housing, transportation, recreation and other services available or offered to individuals in a community, including formal and informal community supports, that affect their quality of life). Funds made available under this proposed funding opportunity will be used to pay for the Federal share of the cost of the administration and operation of programs designated as UCEDDs.
|Federal Grant Title:||University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2017-ACL-AOD-DDUC-0195|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 6th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 6th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||January 4th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||January 4th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||April 5th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$22,974,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$547,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$547,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||42|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||January 4th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Section 151(a) of the DD Act of 2000 states that appropriations authorized under section 156(a)(1) of the DD Section 151(a) of the DD Act of 2000 shall be used to make five-year grants to entities in each State designated as UCEDDs to carry out the four core functions of interdisciplinary pre-service preparation and continuing education, community services, research and information dissemination. Entities eligible to apply for funds under this program announcement are the 42 current AIDD grantees that are designated UCEDDs whose five-year funding will end on June 30, 2017. System Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement. This application is limited to the 42 entities referenced in the Description. See list of UCEDDs below: AL, The University of Alabama at Birmingham AR, University of Arkansas AZ, ABOR on behalf of Northern Arizona University CA, Children's Hospital Los Angeles CA, Regents of the University of California, Los Angeles CO, University of Colorado, Denver DE, University of Delaware DC, Georgetown University FL, University of Miami GA, University of Georgia HI, University of Hawaii ID, Regents of the University of Idaho IN, Trustees of Indiana University KS, The University of Kansas Center for Research, Inc. MA, University of Massachusetts Medical School MD, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Inc. MI, Wayne State University MO, Curators of the University of Missouri on behalf of UMKC MS, The University of Southern Mississippi MT, University of Montana NC, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ND, Minot State University NE, University of Nebraska NH, University of New Hampshire NJ, Rutgers State University of New Jersey NM, Regents of the University of New Mexico NY, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva NY, Westchester Institute for Human Development OH, University of Cincinnati OH, The Ohio State University OK, University of Oklahoma OR, Oregon Health and Science University PA, Temple University RI, Rhode Island College SC, University of South Carolina Research Foundation SD, University of South Dakota TX, University of Texas, Austin UT, Utah State University VI, University of the Virgin Islands WA, University of Washington WV, West Virginia University Research Corporation WY, University of Wyoming Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamela O'Brien
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community Based Transition Partnership Planning Grants
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Diversity Fellowships
- • Serious Mental Illness
- • Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Implementation Grants
- • National Training Initiatives on Critical and Emerging Needs
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and S...
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs)
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program