University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service
The summary for the University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service: The Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD) within the Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) forecasts the possible availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 funds to make five-year grants to up to forty- two entities designated as University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD). These grantees carry out four core functions: (1) interdisciplinary pre-service preparation and continuing education of students; (2) community services, including training, technical assistance, and/or demonstration and model activities; (3) research; and (4) dissemination of information. UCEDDs are interdisciplinary education, research and public service units of universities, or public or not-for-profit entities associated with universities that implement the four core functions addressing, directly or indirectly, one or more of the areas of emphasis (e.g., quality assurance, education and early intervention, child care, health, employment, housing, transportation, recreation and other services available or offered to individuals in a community, including formal and informal community supports, that affect their quality of life). Funds made available under this proposed funding opportunity will be used to pay for the Federal share of the cost of the administration and operation of programs designated as UCEDDs.
|Federal Grant Title:||University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2018-ACL-AOD-DDUC-0251|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 16th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 16th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 16th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,299,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$547,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$547,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||17|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||February 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Section 151(a) of the DD Act of 2000 states that appropriations authorized under section 156(a)(1) of the DD Section 151(a) of the DD Act shall be used to make five-year grants to entities in each State designated as UCEDDs to carry out the four core functions of interdisciplinary pre-service preparation and continuing education, community services, research and information dissemination. Entities eligible to apply for funds under this program announcement are the 17 current AIDD grantees that are designated UCEDDs whose five-year funding will end on June 30, 2018. This application is limited to the following: (1) AK, University of Alaska; (2) CT, University of Connecticut Health Center; ( 3) GU, University of Guam; (4) HI, University of Hawaii; (5) University of Illinois, Chicago; (6) IA, University of Iowa; (7) KY, University of Kentucky; (8) LA, Louisiana State University; (9) MA, University of Massachusetts, Boston; (10) ME, University of Maine; (11) MN, Regents of the University of Minnesota; (12) NV, Board of Regents of the University of Nevada, Reno; (13) OR, University of Oregon; (14) PR, University of Puerto Rico; (15) TN, University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences; (16) VT, University of Vermont; (17) VA, Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamela O'Brien
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community Based Transition Partnership Planning Grants
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Diversity Fellowships
- • Serious Mental Illness
- • Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Implementation Grants
- • National Training Initiatives on Critical and Emerging Needs
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and S...
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs)
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program