Upper Missouri River Pallid Sturgeon Tagging
The summary for the Upper Missouri River Pallid Sturgeon Tagging grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Great Plains Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Upper Missouri River Pallid Sturgeon Tagging: Activities for this project will include the following: Capturing and tagging the PS-97 year class, taking blood samples to check reproductive status, and tracking sexually active fish in the upper Missouri River. Efforts will also focus on pallid and shovelnose response to Tiber outflows. Recapture radio-tagged PS-97 and adult wild pallid sturgeon for blood samples to check sexual condition. Radio tag up to 30 new PS-97 to be tracked this year and in subsequent years. Maintain existing radio telemetry stations and organize data into existing spreadsheet/data base. Download stations at least monthly from July - October. Manually track and located radio tagged pallid sturgeon over the entire study area once a month from April - October. During the optimal spawning time (June) pallid sturgeon will be tracked more thoroughly. Track radio-tagged fish to monitor movement activities and evaluate habitat preferences for sturgeon spawning and staging.
|Federal Grant Title:||Upper Missouri River Pallid Sturgeon Tagging|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Great Plains Region|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R13SS60018|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Jun 28, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jun 28, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jul 16, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$40,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Leisa Philbin Grants Officer Phone 406-247-7606
- Similar Government Grants
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Lake Berryessa Zebra and Quagga Mussel Prevention Program
- • June Sucker Recovery Implementation Program, Carp Removal
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention
- • Habitat Restoration, Improvement and Planning Program in South-Central California Area Off...
- • Modeling and Monitoring of Water Quality for the williamson river Delta Restoration Projec...
- • Sulphur Creek Fish Barrier
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Great Plains Region
- • Water Conservation Field Services Program - Nebraska Kansas Area Office
- • Decision Support DOcument for the Management of Truckee-Carson Watershed River Systems
- • South Central Regional Assessment Study - Notice of Intent to Award
- • Notice of Intent to Award: Guernsey Safety of Dams Corrective Actions
- • Notice of Intent to Award -The Long-Term Curation of Reclamation-Controlled Collections