Workforce Data Quality Initiative Grants
The summary for the Workforce Data Quality Initiative Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Workforce Data Quality Initiative Grants: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL or the Department), announces the availability of approximately $6 million from funds made available through the Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 DOL appropriation for Training and Employment Services for grants to State Workforce Agencies (SWA) to expand the Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI). The Department has reserved up to 3 percent of this round's total grant funding (a maximum amount of $193,890) to provide technical assistance to assist grantees in developing and implementing their WDQIs. For the remainder of this document, reference to the databases being created under the WDQI may be called "workforce longitudinal administrative databases" or "workforce longitudinal databases" interchangeably. Grants awarded will provide SWAs the opportunity to develop or expand State workforce longitudinal administrative data systems. These State longitudinal data systems will, at a minimum, include information on programs that provide training, employment services, and unemployment insurance; connect with education data contained in Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS) databases; be linked longitudinally at the individual level to allow for enhanced opportunity for evaluation of federally and State-supported education and workforce programs; be capable of generating workforce training provider performance information and outcomes in a standardized, easy to understand format (e.g. scorecards), consistent with all applicable Federal and State privacy laws; and, lead to better information for customers and stakeholders of the workforce system. Where such longitudinal systems do not exist or are in early development, WDQI grant assistance may be used to design and develop these systems. WDQI grant assistance can also be used to improve upon existing State longitudinal systems. Current round one WDQI grant recipients who were awarded under solicitation SGA-DFA-PY-09-10 and states that currently do not have a WDQI grant are eligible for this competition.
|Federal Grant Title:||Workforce Data Quality Initiative Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-12-07|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||WIA Pilots, Demonstrations, and Research Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 25, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Mar 11, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Mar 11, 2013|
|Archive Date:||May 25, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants for this solicitation are those SWAs within the 25 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands that currently do not have a WDQI grant as a result of solicitation SGA-DFA-PY-11-01. The Department anticipates funding at least four SWAs that are not currently WDQI grantees. In addition, eligible applicants for this solicitation are those SWAs that received round one WDQI funding under solicitation SGA-DFA-PY-09-10. The Department anticipates funding up to two SWAs that are current grantees (funded under SGA-DFA-PY-09-10) to aid in the further production and dissemination of workforce training provider performance information and outcomes in a standardized, easy to understand format (e.g., scorecards), consistent with all applicable Federal and State privacy laws. In order to be eligible to apply, the SWA must be a member of WRIS2. States ineligible for this round of funding include: Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Nebraska, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Rhode Island, and Washington.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ariam Ferro Grants Management Specialist Phone 202-693-3968
Email Grant Specialist [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants
- • Workforce Data Quality Initiative - WDQI Round VII
- • Workforce Data Quality Initiative - WDQI Round VI
- • Portable Retirement Benefits Planning
- • Workforce Data Quality Initiative - Round V
- • Workforce Investment Act - Demonstration Grants; Solicitation for Grant Applications - Pri...
- • Workforce Investment Act - Demonstration Grants; Preparing Youth Offenders to Enter High G...
- • Solicitation for Grant Applications for Community-Based Job Training Grants
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants