CHILDREN'S HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM REAUTHORIZATION ACT (CHIPRA) OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT GRANTS CYCLE I
The summary for the CHILDREN'S HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM REAUTHORIZATION ACT (CHIPRA) OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT GRANTS CYCLE I grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
CHILDREN'S HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM REAUTHORIZATION ACT (CHIPRA) OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT GRANTS CYCLE I: On February 4, 2009, the President signed into law the Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 (CHIPRA) (Pub.L. 111-3). CHIPRA reauthorizes the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) through Federal fiscal year (FFY) 2013, providing an additional $35 billion in federal funds to enable States to maintain their current CHIP programs and increase enrollment in Medicaid and CHIP. CHIPRA includes a number of provisions increasing outreach funding and activities to enroll eligible, but uninsured children, in coverage with a particular focus on those who are the most difficult to reach. The provisions for the Outreach and Enrollment Grants are the subject of this solicitation. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) will award a total of $80 million during two or more award cycles to eligible entities to conduct targeted outreach, resulting in increased enrollment in Medicaid and CHIP of eligible but unenrolled children.
|Federal Grant Title:||CHILDREN'S HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM REAUTHORIZATION ACT (CHIPRA) OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT GRANTS CYCLE I|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2009-CMS-CHIPRA-0008|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Children's Insurance Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 06, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 02, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 02, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Sep 05, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||200|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This grant opportunity is open to the following individual eligible entities or coalitions of eligible entities A State. A local government. An Indian tribe or tribal consortium, a tribal organization, an urban Indian organization receiving funds under title V of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (25 U.S.C. 1651 et seq.), or an Indian Health Service provider. A Federal health safety net organization. A national, state, local, or community-based public or nonprofit private organization, including organizations that use community health workers or community-based doula programs. A faith-based organization or consortia, to the extent that a grant awarded to such an entity is consistent with the requirements of section 1955 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300x 65) relating to a grant award to nongovernmental entities. An elementary or secondary school. Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CHIPRA Grants MailboxCHIPRAOutreachGrants@cms.hhs.gov
CHIPRA Grants Mailbox [CHIPRAOutreachGrants@cms.hhs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Connecting Kids to Coverage (CKC) HEALTHY KIDS AI/AN
- • Healthy Kids 2019
- • Medicare Access and CHIP Re-authorization Act
- • CONNECTING KIDS TO COVERAGE Outreach and Enrollment Grants Focused on Increasing Enrollmen...
- • Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach and Enrollment Cooperative Agreements
- • Childrens Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) Quality Demonstration Gran...
- • Opportunity HHS-2010-CMS-CHIPRA-0004
- • Childrens Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (Chipra) Prospective Payment System...
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- • Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative
- • Support for Demonstration Ombudsman Programs Serving Beneficiaries of Financial Alignment ...
- • Grants to Support the Hispanic Health Services Research Grant Program
- • Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Researc...
- • Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two