Hawaiian Duck Hybridization Removal
The summary for the Hawaiian Duck Hybridization Removal grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hawaiian Duck Hybridization Removal: See Notice of Intent under Attachments. The Hanalei and Huleia National Wildlife Refuges (NWR) on Kauai, Hawaii are currently the only refuges in the system to support true Hawaiian Duck, Anas wyvilliana populations. The Hawaiian Duck is an endangered species under threat of extinction primarily through hybridization with an invasive species, the feral Mallard (A. platyrhynchos). A biological technician will be hired to assist refuge staff on Kauai in removing the threat of hybridization of Hawaiian Duck by feral Mallards, a priority recovery action in the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Draft Hawaiian Waterbird Recovery Plan. Feral Mallards and their hybrids also potentially threaten other listed Hawaiian waterbirds, such as through competition for limited wetlands resources. This project will directly support the refuge's purpose to conserve and recover endangered Hawaiian waterbirds. The period of performance is approximately August 2010 for 2 years.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hawaiian Duck Hybridization Removal|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-R1-KNWRC-10-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Undesirable/Noxious Plant Species|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 24, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 24, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$49,642|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$49,642|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kimberly Uyehara, Refuge Biologist, Kauai NWRC, 808-828-1413
- Similar Government Grants
- • Preventing the Spread and Developing Control Techniques for Aquatic Invasive Species in La...
- • Mapping Inventory of Priority Weeds
- • Spartina Eradication and Control
- • Preventing the Spread and Developing Control Techniques for Aquatic Invasive Species
- • Giant Salvinia Control
- • Treatment of Noxious Weeds in Cooperation between U.S.F.W.S. and Counties in the Mountain-...
- • Eradication of Spartina densiflora on Humboldt Bay NWR
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)