Preventing the Spread and Developing Control Techniques for Aquatic Invasive Species
The summary for the Preventing the Spread and Developing Control Techniques for Aquatic Invasive Species grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Preventing the Spread and Developing Control Techniques for Aquatic Invasive Species: This award seeks to prevent the spread of, and develop control techniques for, aquatic invasive species found in Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada. Restoration efforts for Lake Tahoe have long been recognized and directed by Federal law in the basin. Efforts have been made under the Lake Tahoe Region Aquatic Invasive Species Management Plan approved in 2009, and by the federally recognized Aquatic Nuisance Species Task Force, established by Congress with passage of the Nonindigenous Aquatic Nuisance Prevention and Control Act. Strategies have been established to prevent the introduction or spread of aquatic invasive species within the Lake Tahoe region.
|Federal Grant Title:||Preventing the Spread and Developing Control Techniques for Aquatic Invasive Species|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00351|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 20th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 20th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||September 14th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||September 14th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 21st, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,818,793|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,818,793|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,818,793|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 14th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grants website
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Supervisory Grants Manager Larry Buklis 503-231-2392
- Similar Government Grants
- • Preventing the Spread and Developing Control Techniques for Aquatic Invasive Species in La...
- • Mapping Inventory of Priority Weeds
- • Spartina Eradication and Control
- • Invasive Species
- • Giant Salvinia Control
- • Treatment of Noxious Weeds in Cooperation between U.S.F.W.S. and Counties in the Mountain-...
- • Hawaiian Duck Hybridization Removal
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)