The summary for the International Coral grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
International Coral: The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program, as authorized under the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000, provides matching grants of financial assistance for international coral reef conservation projects. The Program solicits proposals under four funding categories: 1) Promote Watershed Management in the Wider Caribbean, Brazil, and Bermuda; 2) Regional Enhancement of Marine Protected Area Management Effectiveness; 3) Encourage the Development of National Networks of Marine Protected Areas in the Wider Caribbean, Bermuda, Brazil, Southeast Asia, and the South Pacific; and 4) Promote Regional Socio-Economic Training and Monitoring in Coral Reef Management in the Wider Caribbean, Brazil, Bermuda, the Western Indian Ocean, the Red Sea, the South Pacific, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. Each funding category has specific applicant and project eligibility criteria.
|Federal Grant Title:||International Coral|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Education Environment Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOS-IPO-2008-2001058|
|Type of Funding:||Grant Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Habitat Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 22, 2008 Pre-applications must be received by|
|Posted Date:||Jul 04, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 23, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include all international, governmental (except U.S. federal agencies), and non-governmental organizations. For specific country eligibility per category, please refer to individual category descriptions in Section V. The proposed work must be conducted at a non-U.S. site. Eligible countries are defined as follows: The Wider Caribbean includes the 37 States and territories that border the marine environment of the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean Sea, and the areas of the Atlantic Ocean adjacent thereto, and Brazil and Bermuda, but excluding areas under U.S. jurisdiction. The South Pacific Region includes South Pacific Regional Environment Programs Pacific island countries and territories, including the Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands, but excluding U.S. territories and four developed country members. South Asia includes India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Southeast Asia Region includes Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. The Western Indian Ocean Region includes Comoros, France (La Reunion), Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, the United Republic of Tanzania, and South Africa. The Red Sea Region includes five member countries of the Regional Organization for the Conservation of the Environment of the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden (PERSGA): Djibouti, Egypt, Jordan, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Yemen.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher
firstname.lastname@example.org Contact if you have a problem downloading application forms.
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2020 Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants
- • 2019 NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2019 Community-based Restoration Program Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Grants
- • NOAA Coastal Resilience Grants Program (FY 2018)
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Project Grants under the U.S. Great Lakes Restoration...
- • Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Partnership Grant
- • General Coral Reef Conservation
- • FY2008 Community-based Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Project Grants
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition