Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
The summary for the Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief: This is an announcement for issuing a single source financial assistance award to Save the Bay, Inc. in Providence, Rhode Island. This announcement is for notification purposes only. The intent of the award is to remove the spillway from the obsolete Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam on the Mattatuxet River in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, restore the impounded area to stream and riparian habitat, and provide fish passage, restore river access to floodplain, increase the flood resiliency of the stream, reduce downstream flood impacts and increase public safety. This award is issued to provide financial assistance to collaboratively developed priority projects in Hurricane Sandy disaster areas that will restore environmental resources and reduce flood hazards through collaborative efforts with local communities. The project will improve flood resiliency, restore ecosystem function, provide fish and wildlife habitat, provide fish passage, reduce potential flood damage, and increase public safety.
|Federal Grant Title:||Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Disaster Prevention and Relief Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F14AS00060|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Activities-FWS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 21, 2014 Notice of Intent Only|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 21, 2014 Notice of Intent Only|
|Posted Date:||Jan 21, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jan 21, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Feb 22, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$80,325|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,325|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$80,325|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Arnold Zinan, Agreements Officer, 413 253 8528
Fish and Wildlife Service 703-358-2459
- Similar Government Grants
- • Monitoring Prime Hook NWR, Tidal Marsh Restoration, Hurricane Sandy
- • Cypress Branch Dam Removal, Millington MD, Hurricane Sandy
- • Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy
- • Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy
- • Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy
- • Increase Resiliency of Beach Habitats, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resilience of Beach Habitat at Pierce's Point, Reeds and Moore's Beach; New Jerse...
- • Aquatic Connectivity and Flood Resilience in CT and RI, Removing the White Rock and Bradfo...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research