Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy
The summary for the Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy: This is an announcement for issuing a single source financial assistance award to the Massachusetts Department of Fish and Game ¿ Division of Ecological Restoration (MADER). This announcement is for notification purposes only. The intent of the award to be implemented in Falmouth, Massachusetts is to remove two small dams, restore a former commercial cranberry bog to natural wetland and riverine habitats, and replace an undersized and failing stream crossing (culverts) on a heavily traveled road with a larger, safer structure. The proposed project complements the first dam removal on the Coonamessett River that was completed in 2017, and includes the removal of the second dam from the ocean, replacement of the failing John Parker Road/Coonamessett River crossing, and restoration of floodplain wetlands. The existing road crossing consists of three two-foot diameter culverts, two of which have collapsed and no longer function. When complete, the entire project will provide improved public safety and enhanced infrastructure resiliency, while concurrently providing flood protection for the road, improved water quality, and restored fish passage. The dam removal and the replaced stream crossing will provide full access for migratory (alewife, blueback herring, American eel) and resident fish to 2.2 miles of free-flowing river, provide fish access to 158 acres of pond habitat for spawning under a range of flow conditions, restore 4,600 feet of stream channel, and restore 56 acres of wetlands.
|Federal Grant Title:||Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F19AS00119|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 20th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 20th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||February 26th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||February 26th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||April 16th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$360,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$360,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$360,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 26th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Arnold Zinan 413 253 8528
- Similar Government Grants
- • Monitoring Prime Hook NWR, Tidal Marsh Restoration, Hurricane Sandy
- • Cypress Branch Dam Removal, Millington MD, Hurricane Sandy
- • Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy
- • Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy
- • Fish Passage Monitoring at Bradford and White Rock Dam Removal Sites; Hurricane Sandy Resi...
- • Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resiliency of Beach Habitats, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resilience of Beach Habitat at Pierce's Point, Reeds and Moore's Beach; New Jerse...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research