Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy
The summary for the Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy: 1. This is an announcement for issuing a single source financial assistance award to the American Rivers, Inc. This announcement is for notification purposes only. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) is interested in the collection of data to evaluate fish passage efficiency at the Bloede Dam Removal project funded through the Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Act and expected to be completed in 2018. This award is authorized by the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act of 2013, Public Law 113-2 (Service CFDA 15.677). The primary focus of evaluation for this funding opportunity is the Bloede Dam removal site on the Patuxent River in Maryland. The grantee will collect data to evaluate parameters associated with the project goal of improving passage for migratory and resident fish and to comply with permit requirements. The grantee will support the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and other project partners by surveying sites above and below the Bloede Dam site to collect fish during the spawning period to evaluate passage of migratory fish through the site. Sampling will target Alewife, American Shad, Blueback Herring and Hickory Shad by weekly electrofishing during the spawning period. In addition, the grantee will conduct physical monitoring of the site including photo monitoring, preparation of sediment facies maps, and calculation of net channel change over time after dam removal. Monitoring of fish and physical features post dam removal will occur over a 5 year period following the removal of Bloede Dam from 2018 to 2023. Annual and final reports will be submitted detailing the results of the surveys. This project meets Department of Interior financial assistance priorities of partnering. Successful applications will adequately address the priorities of the secretary of the Department of Interior: 1) Create a conservation stewardship legacy second only to Teddy Roosevelt, 3) Restore trust and be a good neighbor and 10) Achieve our goals and lead our team forward.
|Federal Grant Title:||Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00177|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 18th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 18th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||June 18th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||June 18th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 14th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$476,250|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$476,250|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$476,250|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 18th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Arnold Zinan 413 253 8528
- Similar Government Grants
- • Monitoring Prime Hook NWR, Tidal Marsh Restoration, Hurricane Sandy
- • Cypress Branch Dam Removal, Millington MD, Hurricane Sandy
- • Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy
- • Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy
- • Fish Passage Monitoring at Bradford and White Rock Dam Removal Sites; Hurricane Sandy Resi...
- • Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resiliency of Beach Habitats, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resilience of Beach Habitat at Pierce's Point, Reeds and Moore's Beach; New Jerse...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research