Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy
The summary for the Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy: This is an announcement for issuing a single source financial assistance award to Louisiana State University (LSU) Center for Coastal Resiliency. This announcement is for notification purposes only. The intent of the award is to develop a hydrodynamic and salinity transport model of the study area, which will include existing water control structures, as well as allow for the testing of alternative designs. The results will inform engineering solutions that aim to maintain the resiliency of the marsh system and support the design and construction as part of the Department of the Interior (DOI) Project #37, Restoring Coastal Marshes in Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge (Swan Cove Pool Restoration and Enhancement). The design of the water-control structure requires a high resolution model that includes hydrology (flow and tidal levels) and salinity. This type of modeling is no ubiquities in the modeling community and requires extensive experience to achieve the results the Refuge requires. This award will meet Department of the Interior priorities for cooperating with communities and partners and meeting Theodore Rooseveltâ¿¿s national resource conservation message. This announcement is for notification purposes only. This project is authorized by the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act of 2013, Public Law 113-2.
|Federal Grant Title:||Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00180|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 30th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 30th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||June 19th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||June 19th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 31st, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$110,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$110,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$110,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 19th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Arnold Zinan 413 253 8528
- Similar Government Grants
- • Monitoring Prime Hook NWR, Tidal Marsh Restoration, Hurricane Sandy
- • Cypress Branch Dam Removal, Millington MD, Hurricane Sandy
- • Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy
- • Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy
- • Fish Passage Monitoring at Bradford and White Rock Dam Removal Sites; Hurricane Sandy Resi...
- • Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resiliency of Beach Habitats, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resilience of Beach Habitat at Pierce's Point, Reeds and Moore's Beach; New Jerse...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • F23AS00319 FY2023 Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the ...
- • F23AS00330 White-nose Syndrome Grants to States and Tribes - 2023
- • F23AS00329 Fisheries Restoration and Irrigation Mitigation Act Fiscal Year 2023
- • F23AS00303 Science in the Service Internship Funding Opportunity
- • F23AS00307 Aquatic Invasive Grass Research