2005 Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Program and Asthma Management Training Funds Solicitation
The summary for the 2005 Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Program and Asthma Management Training Funds Solicitation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2005 Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Program and Asthma Management Training Funds Solicitation: The goal of EPA, Region 4's Indoor Air Program is to decrease the health effects associated with poor indoor air quality by increasing the publics knowledge of IAQ and actual indoor environmental conditions. Comparative risk studies performed by EPA and its Science Advisory Board have ranked indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health. Children may be especially vulnerable to these health effects. EPA estimates that indoor levels of many pollutants are typically 2-5 times, and occasionally more than 100 times, higher than outdoor levels. These levels are of particular concern because it is estimated that most people spend 90% of their time indoors.
|Federal Grant Title:||2005 Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Program and Asthma Management Training Funds Solicitation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||REG4-APTMD-IAQ-05|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Surveys Studies, Investigations Demonstrations and Special Purpose Activities Relating to the Clean Air Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 08, 2005 The closing date and time for receip|
|Posted Date:||Apr 15, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Apr 15, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Jul 08, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All projects must occur in Region 4 states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Thomas Houston, Linda , Project Officer, Phone 404-562-9152, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Thomas Houston, Linda
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cleaner Cooking and Reducing Household Energy Emissions
- • National Tribal Air Association Operations
- • Enhanced Air Quality Monitoring for Communities
- • Reducing Public Exposure to Indoor Pollutants
- • Development of Recommendations and Guidance for Radiological Protection Programs
- • Notice of Request for Proposals for Projects to be Funded from the Region 7 Indoor Air Qua...
- • National Clean Diesel Campaign Demonstration Assistance Agreements
- • Indoor Environments: Reducing Public Exposure to Indoor Pollutants
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • Fiscal Year 2023 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program Solicit...
- • 2023 Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • Region 8 Sustainable Materials Management Grant
- • Chesapeake Bay Program Office Fiscal Year 2023 Request for Applications for: Chesapeake Ba...
- • Wildfire Smoke Preparedness in Community Buildings