Enhanced Air Quality Monitoring for Communities
The summary for the Enhanced Air Quality Monitoring for Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Enhanced Air Quality Monitoring for Communities: Pursuant to the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP), this notice announces the availability of funds and solicits applications from eligible entities to conduct ambient air monitoring of pollutants of greatest concern in communities with environmental and health outcome disparities stemming from pollution and the COVID-19 pandemic. EPA will award funds to support community and local efforts to monitor their own air quality and to promote air quality monitoring partnerships between communities and tribal, state, and local governments. The total estimated funding for this competitive opportunity is approximately $20,000,000. Approximately $2 million dollars of this amount will be awarded to tribal governments under a tribal government set-aside, and approximately $2 million will be awarded to eligible community-based organizations under a community-based organization set-aside.Overall, EPA anticipates awarding a total of approximately 50-70 assistance agreements (cooperative agreements or grants) from this announcement, subject to availability of funds, the quality of applications received, agency priorities, and other applicable considerations. EPA anticipates awarding approximately 20-30 assistance agreements ranging in value from $25,000 to $100,000 (i.e., “Small Grants”) and 30-40 assistance agreements ranging in value from $100,001-$500,000 (i.e., “Large Grants”). EPA may increase or decrease the total funding or set-aside amounts based on the number of meritorious applications received, agency priorities, funding availability, and other applicable considerations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Enhanced Air Quality Monitoring for Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-OAR-OAQPS-22-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 25th, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 25th, 2022|
|Posted Date:||December 13th, 2021|
|Creation Date:||December 13th, 2021|
|Archive Date:||April 24th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:||$20,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||70|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 20th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- See Section III of the funding opportunity announcement for eligibility information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Tim Roberts
EPA’s Office of Air and Radiation
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cleaner Cooking and Reducing Household Energy Emissions
- • National Tribal Air Association Operations
- • Reducing Public Exposure to Indoor Pollutants
- • Development of Recommendations and Guidance for Radiological Protection Programs
- • Community-Scale Air Toxics Ambient Monitoring
- • 2005 Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Program and Asthma Management Training Funds Sol...
- • Notice of Request for Proposals for Projects to be Funded from the Region 7 Indoor Air Qua...
- • National Clean Diesel Campaign Demonstration Assistance Agreements
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • Fiscal Year 2023 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program Solicit...
- • 2023 Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • Region 8 Sustainable Materials Management Grant
- • Chesapeake Bay Program Office Fiscal Year 2023 Request for Applications for: Chesapeake Ba...
- • Wildfire Smoke Preparedness in Community Buildings