Fish Passage Monitoring at Bradford and White Rock Dam Removal Sites; Hurricane Sandy Resiliency Project
The summary for the Fish Passage Monitoring at Bradford and White Rock Dam Removal Sites; Hurricane Sandy Resiliency Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fish Passage Monitoring at Bradford and White Rock Dam Removal Sites; Hurricane Sandy Resiliency Project: This is an announcement for issuing a single source financial assistance award to the University of Rhode Island. This announcement is for notification purposes only. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) is interested in the collection of data to evaluate fish passage efficiency at projects funded through the Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Act and completed in 2015-2018. This award is authorized by the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act of 2013, Public Law 113-2 (Service CFDA 15.677) and the Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU) North Atlantic CESU award number F14AC00282 (Service CFDA 15.678). The primary focus of evaluation for this funding opportunity are the White Rock and the Bradford dam removal sites, in Connecticut and Rhode Island but research will also include sites extending along the Pawcatuck River. The grantee will support the U. S. Geological Survey and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in collection of telemetry data to evaluate passage of migratory fish. This will include providing technical assistance with 1) capture and tagging of migratory fish (Alewife, American Shad and Blueback Herring) with both radio and PIT tags over two fish passage seasons 2) installation and maintenance of telemetry equipment, including downloading of data a minimum of two times per week during the fish passage season 3) analysis and report writing.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fish Passage Monitoring at Bradford and White Rock Dam Removal Sites; Hurricane Sandy Resiliency Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F18AS00085|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 13th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 13th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||March 15th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||March 15th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||April 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,275|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,275|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,275|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 15th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Arnold Zinan 413 253 8528
- Similar Government Grants
- • Monitoring Prime Hook NWR, Tidal Marsh Restoration, Hurricane Sandy
- • Cypress Branch Dam Removal, Millington MD, Hurricane Sandy
- • Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy
- • Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy
- • Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy
- • Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resiliency of Beach Habitats, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resilience of Beach Habitat at Pierce's Point, Reeds and Moore's Beach; New Jerse...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)