Saltmarsh Habitat and Avian Research Program; Hurricane Sandy
The summary for the Saltmarsh Habitat and Avian Research Program; Hurricane Sandy grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Saltmarsh Habitat and Avian Research Program; Hurricane Sandy: This is an announcement for issuing a single source financial assistance award to the University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware. This announcement is for notification purposes only. The intent of the award is to monitor the responses of breeding birds, vegetation metrics, and marsh elevation at tidal marsh restoration sites associated with impacts from Hurricane Sandy in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern States (Virginia to Maine) and undertakes other research and conservation actions to improve the status of tidal marsh avian and vegetation communities. This project is authorized by the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act 0f 2013, PL 113-02. This project will continue to evaluate the ecological integrity of coastal wetlands that have undergone marsh restoration activities following Hurricane Sandy (including thin layer sediment deposition and hydrologic modification techniques) and quantify the cost-effectiveness of these restoration techniques and of individual projects employing these techniques. Combing extensive baseline data, collected in the years immediately before and after Hurricane Sandy at marsh restoration sites and an extensive array of control sites, with additional monitoring data to be collected at these sites over the next six years (2017-2022), this project will assess the effects of restoration activities on (a) marsh vegetation, (b) marsh elevation, (c) wildlife responses at both site and population levels, (d) risk to wildlife populations across the region, and (e) cost-effectiveness of marsh restoration activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Saltmarsh Habitat and Avian Research Program; Hurricane Sandy|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F17AS00324|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 25th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||July 20th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||July 20th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 20th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,450,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,450,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,450,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 20th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Arnold Zinan 413 253 8528
- Similar Government Grants
- • Monitoring Prime Hook NWR, Tidal Marsh Restoration, Hurricane Sandy
- • Cypress Branch Dam Removal, Millington MD, Hurricane Sandy
- • Coonamesset River Restoration ; Hurricane Sandy
- • Swan Cove Pool Restoration; Chincoteague NWR; Hurricane Sandy
- • Bloede Dam; Monitoring and Assessment of the Dam Removal; Hurricane Sandy
- • Shady Lea Mill Pond Dam Removal, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resiliency of Beach Habitats, Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief
- • Increase Resilience of Beach Habitat at Pierce's Point, Reeds and Moore's Beach; New Jerse...
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)